Transport From TAKAMATSU Airport (TAK)
- Travel from TAK to the center of Takamatsu city takes about 45 min by Airport Limousine Bus (760 JPY), which is heading for “Takamatsu Station” departs in correspondence with the arriving flights.
- There are several stops between TAK and Takamatsu Station, please be sure to get off the bus at the stop close to the hotel you booked.
- For more details on Takamatsu Airport Limousine Bus: KOTODEN Bus Co. Ltd.
- Taxis are also available at the airport, and these take approximately 30 min (~5,000 JPY) to the city center.
Transport From KANSAI Int’l Airport (KIX)
[As of Sep. 21]
KIX (Kansai Int’l Airport) has been in NORMAL operation from Sep 21. See the latest information about Access from/to KIX at the KIX website
- If your final arriving airport is KANSAI Int’l Airport (KIX), you can get to the city center area of Takamatsu by KANKU Limousine Bus or Train.
- From KIX terminal 1&2 to Takamatsu Station by KANKU Limousine Bus takes approx. 3.5 hours and costs 5,150 JPY (One-way fare).
- For more details on KANKU Limousine Bus: KANSAI Airport Transportation Enterprise
- You can also get to Takamatsu Station from KIX by train in several routes. The simplest route is as follows.
Kansai-Airport (KIX) Sta. —[JR “Haruka” limited express] — Shin-Osaka Sta. — [JR Shinkansen super express] — Okayama Sta. — [JR Marine Liner rapid train] — Takamatsu Sta.
It takes about 3 hours and costs 10,280 JPY (One-way fare).
- For more details on Train routes from KIX: KIX Railway Map
Transport From TOKYO to TAKAMATSU
- You can get to Takamatsu Station from Tokyo by Train.
Tokyo Sta. — [JR Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen super express] — Okayama Sta. — [JR Marine Liner rapid train] — Takamatsu Sta.
- The entire journey takes about 4.5 ~ 5.5 hours and costs about 18,000 ~ 19,000 depend on which Shinkansen train (“Nozomi” or “Hikari”) is used. “Nozomi” super express train is faster and more expensive than “Hikari” train.
- The journey can be fully covered by the JAPAN RAIL PASS if you use “Hikari” and “Sakura” trains along the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen, but the pass is not valid for “Nozomi” and “Mizuho” trains.
- For more details on access by Train: Takamatsu Convention and Visitors Bureau
JAPAN RAIL PASS
- JAPAN RAIL PASS is a special fare ticket available for foreign visitors to allow them to go sightseeing. It can be used on all JR Shinkansen trains (except for “Nozomi” and “Mizuho” trains), limited express trains, express trains and rapid or local trains; local lines of JR bus (except travel on express bus routes). For ferry crossings, only the JR-WEST Miyajima ferry is covered.
- You will need to buy an “Exchange Order” at one of the sales offices or through agents BEFORE coming to Japan, and stop by one of the JAPAN RAIL PASS exchange offices (located at major JR stations) upon arrival, in order to receive your JAPAN RAIL PASS. There are special terms concerning eligibility, validity, and conditions of use.
- For more details: Japan Rail Pass web site